Read on to learn three creative popcorn recipes you can try today to enjoy our gourmet popcorn beyond its flavour. We take on your favourite McDonalds breakfasts, Black Tap milkshakes and more!
Here at The Kettle Gourmet, we aim to bring you the best gourmet popcorn Singapore has ever had. We have flavours ranging from the local classics such as Chilli Crab, Nasi Lemak and Chicken Floss Popcorn to fan favourites like Chocolate and Salted Caramel. Recently, we have tried and tested 3 recipes to make you fall in love with our popcorn more than ever.
1. “THE BREAKFAST DESSERT”
What better way to enjoy your ice cream with some popcorn! Simply take a few scoops of ice cream of your choice and top it off with your favourite Kettle Gourmet popcorn to add that crunchy and sweet bursts of flavour in every spoonful. We personally love our very own creation called “The Breakfast Dessert”.
What you will need:
Do you ever crave some kaya jam on crunchy toast with a gao iced milo for breakfast but you’re too lazy to order it or go through the hassle of making it? Our combination of two scoops of Milo Ice cream and ½ cup of our very own kaya butter toast popcorn (or more) is the go-to solution for your cravings any time of the day in the comfort of your home.
“The Breakfast Dessert” combines all your favourite flavours from the classic local breakfast we all know and love. Our sweet and salty kaya butter toast popcorn with its crunchy exterior that replicates that of a traditional kaya toast paired with thick chocolatey milo ice cream will soon have you replacing your breakfast, your midday munchies, and Netflix dessert with our recipe!
How do you make popcorn and milkshakes go together? Well, they aren’t just pretty decorative toppings used to garnish your drink. With our gourmet Salted Caramel popcorn, you can make an easy 3-ingredient milkshake in a matter of minutes any time of the day with this simple milkshake recipe.
All you will need is:
- Cold Milk
- 2 Bananas or 3 scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Packet of The Kettle Gourmet's Salted Caramel Popcorn
- Whipped Cream (Optional)
- Chocolate Syrup (Optional)
Simply add all the ingredients to the blender and blend till your desired consistency and pour into a tall glass to serve. You may top it off with more salted caramel popcorn and some whipped cream to make it “IG worthy”.
Word of caution, this recipe is dangerously addictive as it tastes exactly like salted caramel ice cream with delightful little crunchy chunks of popcorn and you won’t get enough of it. You can also try this recipe with our chocolate popcorn! Just swap out the vanilla ice cream for chocolate ice cream and you got yourself a quick simple milkshake recipe to make when you have guests over or just for yourself (we won’t judge).
You could even create your own custom “milkshake bar” for your guests to pick and choose what ice cream and popcorn flavours they want to combine to make their milkshake and what popcorn they want to use as their toppings; the options are endless!
3. "THE WILLY WONKA'S SECRET"
If you can’t seem to find delicious protein bars that aren’t overpriced and underwhelming or if you simply want to have a go-to snack readily available to satisfy your sweet tooth we have just the recipe for you. Saving the best for last we have “The Willy Wonkas Secret”.
For this simple no-bake chocolate popcorn bar, all you will need is:
- 1 Milk Chocolate bar
- 1 Dark Chocolate bar
- 2-4 packets of The Kettle Gourmet's Chocolate Popcorn
- Marshmallows (as much as you want)
- Peanut Butter (optional)
- Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Break or chop the chocolate into even-sized pieces so they will melt evenly. Place into a heatproof bowl, set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, making sure that the bowl does not touch the water and steam does not get into the chocolate.
- Add the popcorn and marshmallows to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the cooled melted chocolate to the bowl.
- Using two spoons, mix the ingredients.
- Keep stirring gently until the popcorn and marshmallows are completely coated with the chocolate.
- Add the mixture to the prepared tin and press down firmly to flatten with a metal spatula or the back of a spoon. Drizzle peanut butter and add a handful of chocolate chips before setting the tin aside for the chocolate to set, or place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Cut and serve
With The Kettle Gourmet, there are endless ways to enjoy our popcorn and we hope you try these recipes to take your popcorn experience with us to the next level! Click here to buy our popcorn and get creative with it! Happy snacking!